Development of vehicle chassis
With a extensive range of expertise and capabilities, we provide a holistic approach to vehicle chassis development.
We support you at all stages of your product's development and evolution.
Full chassis development and design
We offer design and engineering from the first draft through all phases of concept development and prototype construction to series introduction and support.
This includes the entire spectrum of chassis development. Individually tailored to your needs, the various development phases are supervised by the RLE chassis team. The project scope ranges from component level to system development and complete platform responsibility.
From concept to vehicle study to production-ready product. Shape the future of mobility with RLE! We support you with:
- Benchmark analyses
- Concept & Design
- Lightweight design through generative engineering
- Performance Validation
- Development of electric vehicles
- Testing and Tuning
Thanks to proven state-of-the-art technologies and our many years of experience in chassis technology, we are able to offer our customers innovative and efficient eMobility solutions.
The chassis system, with its components such as wheels and dampers, is the direct link between the driver and the road – without a good connection, driving is only half the fun!
Technical Unit Leader Chassis
Our services and solutions for complete chassis design and development
Wheel suspension and frame
- Design & development of axle components and systems
- Control Arm
- Wheel Carrier
- Pivot Bearings
- Suspension Forks
Damping and suspension
- Development and adaptation of passive and active damping systems
- Design of conventional and air suspension systems
- Passive and active roll stabilization
Simulation and kinematics
- Full vehicle vehicle dynamics simulation
- Kinematics design
- CAE strength, durability and stiffness calculations
- Weight and performance validation
Steering systems and integration
- Design and development of mechanical, hydraulic and electric steering systems
- Integration of active steering systems
Program and project management
- Chassis Integration
- Supplier coordination
- Project management
- DMU Management
- Quality / Risk Management
Testing and prototyping
- Prototype construction
- Prototype coordination
- Definition, execution and
- coordination of vehicle and component tests
Phone: +49 2204 9725-0
Brodhausen 1, 51491 Overath, Germany